Venflaxine kick in time???

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello. i have been on Venflaxine for 9 weeks now for what they say is mixed anxiety and depression disorder mainly the classic symptoms such as worry shaking weakness and nausea i was then firstly put on 75mg then upped to 150 after 16 days then 225 after another 18 days

each time ive told the doctor that i am experiencing no benefits although i have now read earlier posts and see that each dose increase just about starts you again with increased symptoms etc

however after 9 weeks in total i am losing faith. can anyone reassure me its still early days

best

Michael

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Micheal.

I've been on venlafaxine for so long now that I can't remember how long it took me to feel the benefits from it.

In my own personal experience it is the only antidepressant that has every truly worked for me but everyone is different.

It took years of trying different antidepressant and antianxiety medications before I found one that really suited me. Remember, no one size fits all so to speak.

With any antidepressant you have to start off on the low dose due to the fact that initially you will only experience the side effects and not the benefits. I went from bad to worse on one antidepressant.

It does take time so hang in there. Your dose has been upped pretty quickly so it may be like starting all over again.

Are you having any other therapy at the moment?

Give it at least another month or two as technically you've only been on the 225mg dose for 4 weeks. I think it can take at least a couple of months before you can feel the benefits.

I know it's hard waiting when you want to feel better like yesterday but just take it a minute at a time.

Take care.

• Edited

Hi, Been on Efexor XR since June 30th. its taken about 8-9 weeks to lift a serious depression and anxiety that had lasted 5 months. Two failed runs on Sertraline and Citalopram before this. had nearly given up. As they say, hang in there. Anxiety has improved, but is still a work in progress. Good luck!

• Posted

Yes, I'm very pleased that a reasonably low dosage has been effective, and this leaves room to increase further if required. Having seen no improvements on two different SSRI'S it feels fantastic to have had a breakthrough! Now entering situations where I was previously I was extremely anxious and avoiding and seeing big improvements.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.