Venlafaxine wearing off before next dose due

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been on venlafaxine (V) for a few years now. After being diagnosed with depression as a teen and on and off various meds over the years, then also diagnosed with anxiety a few years back, i was put on V and it was the first thing that really helped me feel like ME in a very long time. i had the usual faff around with feeling the anxiety creep back in and my dosage adjusted a few times and am now on 1 x 75mg IR tablet and 1 x 37.5 IR tablet twice a day, totalling 225mg a day.

usually if i needed to increase my dosage, id start feeling anxious. This is not the same, instead im sometimes feeling like the meds are wearing off too quickly and i start to get mild withdrawl symptoms and sometimes they take longer to kick in than they should, giving me the same withdrawl symptoms - migrainy, nausea, a sort of swimmy sensation in my head that isnt exactly dizziness. a couple of times my prescription hasnt arrived at my pharmacy in time and ive gone rather too long between doses, ive had the same symptoms and they increase until i can take the meds and they start working (though i do tend to get a backlash migraine). so im familiar with the feeling of withdrawl and know this is what it is. i just dont know why or what to do. i dont think its about dosage as when they work, my anxiety levels are ok. i am having other health issues, which are under investigation with my docs. does anyone think its related? should i mention it to them? or does anyone have any other ideas?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.