Vensir xl 75mg prescribed for menopause symptoms !!

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi just been prescribed vensir xl 75mg to help with ad menopause symptoms has anyone else taken this drug for this, I'm really scared to take it and worry that I will be on it long term and the problems I've read coming off it, any advice would be great 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Unless you really need to take it don't, coming of it again is not pleasant ....

• Posted

Hi Wendy. I would not touch this drug with a ten-foot pole! Was on it for maybe six months. Made me feel jittery and hyper and upset my stomach, and that was on 37.5 mgs, a low dose. Now coming off it and having a really bad time. When I went thru menopause I took black cohosh for the bad sweats I was having, with no side effects at all. I would discourage you from taking Vensir for menopause symptoms. They won't last forever and are not intolerable.

• Posted

I would give almost anything if I could go back to the time where I had a choice whether or not to take this medication. I would say a resounding no.  I thought my situation was bad at the time, but little did I know the long term affects of having taken this drug would long outlast the situation for which it was prescribed.  
  • Posted

Thank you for your replies my gut instinct is to not touch the stuff as I've read so many negatives, I had surgery and have gone into surgical menopause and it's terrible and taken over my life which is not me at all,the doctor wants me to stay on it long term but really not happy about that at all and seems pointless doing it for a few months just to have awful withdrawals from the drug plus my symptoms back

thank u

• Posted

Agreed, bio-identical hormone replacement ought to be the first thing to try for early menopause, addressing the root of the problem rather than monkeying with neuotransmitters which are NOT the root of the problem!  Danged drug companies are looking for every nook and cranny to shove their drugs!
    • Posted

I agree taking antidepressants isn't gonna solve the problem of me having no ovaries just going to mask the symptoms til I stop taking them just couldn't seem to get the doctor to understand that.

many thanks for your replies 

• Posted

Wendy, I was prescribed venlafaxine 75mg because although it is mainly an antidepressant, it has a secondary effect of controlling hot flashes, which were quite bothersome to my life. I began on a lower dose of 37.5 mg and moved up after a month. This drug immediately decreased my menopausal hot flashes from 6-7 per day to almost NONE. I've been taking it for a year now with no appreciable side effects other than a little nausea in the beginning stages when I was still getting used to it. Good luck.

• Posted

I have been taking Vensior XL 150mgs for 6mths after having a hysterectomy, and I was feeling slightly crazy, and the sweats were awful.   I feel so much better now it has really worked for me and I also take Gabenpetin 400mgs 4 times a day.   I always feel nice and calm and reasonable just like back to me before the dreaded menopause and it has saved my relationship for sure.
  • Posted

Hi I started this thread a couple of months ago when I was in a pretty bad way really low terrible anxiety & about 30 sweats a day my doctors only suggestion was to put me on Vensir which I decided against,.a month ago I started on hrt with my consultants approval I feel like a different person I'm no longer low and anxious and sweats have stopped.

Im glad I stuck to my guns and didn't take the Vensir & im happy with my desicion to take hrt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.