Ventricular tachycardia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. I am a member on another group (PMR) but my wife has just been diagnosed with the above (Ventricular tachycardia ), is this totally different from SVT and if so can anyone guide me to the correct forum. Many thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I posted the above discussion 4/5 days ago and wondered if anyone out there also suffers from V.T as I have had no replies at all. If anyone can offer advice it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Posted

The "supra" indicates that the impulse arises above the ventricles; without supra presumably the impulse arises from the ventricles themselves. There are loads of different sorts of palpitations: the heart is a mass of different "wirings", the fault can be anywhere, and the name tells you from where (once they've diagnosed it!). Or so my consultant explained to me.
  • Posted

After suffering for about a year, and a cardiac cath, I discovered that my VT was due to taking too much calcium supplement.  After discontinuing calcium, my heart went back to normal.  I have mentioned this to two other friends who did the same and said that their feeling of being "heart tired" and heart flutters also went away.  This may not help every one, but I wonder if the reason so many people are suffering with heart arrythmias might not be due in part to doctors advising us to take so much calcium these days.  It is, afterall, an electrolyte.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.