Very Bad Taste in Mouth!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, never been on here before but I am starting to panic a little. I've had diverticuli disease for many years now. I had a particularly bad attack back in 2012 which i dont feel that i have ever recovered from properly. I have had almost constant discomfort and my bowel movements have never recovered to what I would call normal. I have had a lot of pain which started 5 days ago and seen my GP twice within the past 2 days. I have been taking regular paracetamol with the occassional busopan and the GP has pescribed antibiotics. Although the pain has now subsided slightly i still have a lot of discomfort, am and have been constipated with the odd exception after taking Movical. The thing that is worrying me now is my general health, I feel really poorly with symptoms that are difficult to describe apart from sudden chiills without fever. This morning I have been woken with a very bad taste in my mouth with a strange sensation on the back of my tongue. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The bad taste can be caused by certain antibiotics.  Flagyl can leave a metallic taste in your mouth.  You should ask your GP or read the side effects of the antibotic you are taking.  Hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

The tongue sensation can also be a side effect og Flagyl. When I had this intravenously in hospital I kept thinking I had tiny hairs on my tongue.
    • Posted

Thank you. I think I've just found the answer to the problem. I'm taking clarithromycin,. Looking at the side effects an unusual, unpleasant taste is common apparently.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.