Very odd bowel movements for a long time and no clue what it is.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello!

So, I havent been able to poop very well at all. It's been like this for a while where I am somewhat constipated. I would say when it origianlly started I would get very bad stomach cramps and when I attempted to go to the toilet I'd only be able to get the tinest bit out but I could still feel my body was full of it/very cramped up- made me not want to eat as much as I would feel really sick. I've tried cutting dairy type products, shying away from greasy foods, increasing my intake of high fibre foods, drinking less fizzy drinks, drinking a lot more water, and just overall eating more healthier than I typically would as I don't have the best diet but it's a lot better recently. And to some extent it has worked, I don't get stomach cramps as much and I feel the urge to go to the toilet a lot more, however, even though I have the urge more every visit I take it is very difficult to get anything out, and anything that does come out is always in quite a number of small chunks. I eat a lot of food like a lot a lot and I have no clue where its going because I'll have like 2.8k calories per day and over the course of 2/3 days barely anything will come out at all. I really just want to poop normally like I used to it really shouldn't be this much of a bother for me and is affecting my life quite a bit right now 😕, any suggetions I could follow to help me get back to normal would be appriciated. If you're wondering how long I haven't been able to poop properly and consistently where it's a whole solid "healthy" looking stool probably around a year, I do occasionally get the one good poop but probably only every 1-2 months and I can't think of anything I am doing diffierently than usually which leads to it it's quite random and unexpected when it actually happens.

Also as a side note, it's quite difficult to describe what happens to me but I'll try my best. Basically every now and again the scent of my stool/passing wind will be drastically different to what it usually is and somewhat repulsive. It's strange to describe but sometimes it reminds me of the scent of chicken (which I eat a lot of every day but don't know if relevent) and will last a couple days. And for some reason it changes my actual scent of other things too, for example I share a house with my uni mates and If I go to the bathroom after them just finishing up the scent they leave is exactly the same as what mine smells like and it very repulsive to me even when it typically wouldn't be that much of a bother (strange example I know loool but I'm not sure how to get my point across of my stool scenets randomly changing.). Also when this happens I seem to pass wind a lot more than usual and every time it will be the repulsive scent I've mention and tends to linger longer than usual.

Any tips or advice on whats going on is really appriciated as I can't conclude myself whats going on with me. Thanks 😃

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.