Very scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I have been having disccomfort in my arm pit and arm and around collar bone. I don't see any issues with my breast but am frightened whether it could be breast related.I have a mammogram scheduled. I am so scared that it could be breast cancer or IBC.is there anything anyone can tell me that would rule this out. I don't remember being injured and it almost feels deep within my armpit and arm like it is muscular. Any info you can lend me or help would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Only naturally, like every other woman on this planet, you are thinking the worst...ie cancer...when it comes to breast discomfort.Well done for being proactive and getting a mammogram. 9 times out of 10 there is no cancer at all.

Nobody on here would be able to give you a clue to rule out cancer, but dont assume thats what it is.

If you are on the heavy side it may be muscular, or it could be hormonal. If its something that happens a lot try taking Evening Primrose oil capsules. That can help a lot.

• Edited

I am exactly the same. Having almost permanent pain in breast/armpit/shoulder & waiting for appointment. My health anxiety has kicked in now too. It's hotis not knowing. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.