Very worried

Posted , 6 users are following.

I found a lump in my breast and the doctor sent me to get an ultrasound and I was told the results could be a few days but immediately the next morning they called and said I needed a biopsy I'm really worried now that it's the worst. I'm only 23. Just looking for advice, there's no history of breast cancer in my family 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marie, Sorry that you're going through this.  But you did the right thing by going to the doctor straightaway.  Most things can be taken care of if they're caught in time. If you can, try to take things one day at a time.  Please know that I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  Let me know how you get on! xx

• Posted

Marie,please dont be worried. This is normal procedure for any lumps in breast tissue and you sound as though you are at the lowest risk of anything nasty. Your family history and age are all good. Its probably a cyst.
  • Posted

Marie, Please do not worry. It may just be calcification or something benign. Please stop caffeine as it makes your breasts more lumpy and sensitive. Take vitamin E 400-800 IU a day (if you dont have a bleeding problem). Please let me know about the results. 
  • Edited

sorry for the really late reply but it turned out to be nothing. thankyou all for your comments, it really helped at the time

• Posted

Maybe the doctor wants to be sure its nothing serious. It doesnt mean something is. In any case all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.