Vilitigo: hands and feet

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, 

I was recently diagnosed with vilitigo and was wondering, has anyone heard of an over the counter topical that works in restoring the pigmentation on the hands or other extremities? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My GP prescribed me with Betnovate and said there isn't a cream that can restore pigmentation that he was aware off. He advised me to apply this twice a day until my appointment with the dermatologist comes through. They will probably recommend makeup and/or UV treatment.

• Posted

I do not think topical can make skin recover completely. I have vitiligo around my neck, and I spend around 8 months drinking Chinese herbs to make my skin 95% recover. So try google using "Vitiligo Chinese medicine " to find a Chinese medicine skin clinic to make skin recover. Hope this can help you.

• Posted

Hi!

My mother has vitiligo FOR 6 or 7 years.

Last Week i found a solution FOR vitiligo : APPLE VINEGAR. I took pictures on my mother hands and after just 3 applies the hands Look diferent. A friend had vitiligo Too But with vinegar she get Rided of.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.