Vitamin C for bv

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had bv for about 6 months now. I have tried everything from apple cider vinegar to baking soda. Nothing has seemed to be working. I came across this site and saw how people were saying that vitamin c was a fast an easy cure. I inserted one 500 mg caplet at around 3 pm after a shower and it seemed to work instantly! I decided that I was going to use them every 12 hours to ensure that they work properly. At around 11 pm I began to feel discomfort. I had really bad pains in my lower abdomin. This lead to nausea and diarrhea. Is it because my body is not used to these pills? Or should I just stop taking them? I think these pills may be my only cure from bv. Please help!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christy,

That sounds awful, I'm so sorry! I've been a chronic BV sufferer for 2 yrs now and it's not fun. I have tried the VIt C treatment as well and it worked like a charm! I was inserting 3 daily because of my chronic BV, after 11 days, it was so painful to insert anything in my vagina. The Vit C caused the vaginal wall to peel, but so does the metro gel (not as intensely) But sort of the same concept (I think?) I would suggest lowering the Vit C to once a day (once every 24 hrs) or half a tablet every 24 hrs. Not sure how well that'd work because I stopped the treatment after day 11 and haven't tried it again with lower dosage as I am doing a different treatment, but will get back to it, if this fails. 

Hope this helps!

• Posted

Lots of women say it works wonders however I have tried twice and both time had to douche after 20 minutes because the burning sensation was so intense. I cannot understand how anyone can tolerate the Vitamin C
  • Posted

Hello Christy I have had aches and pain and even my tampon had blood on it and discharge , I have been using it for 7days now the smell is gone and the discharge has no odor but Seeing the discharge scared me . no one seems to day what color their discharge is and I hope it's normal but not sure sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.