Vitamin D deficiency distressing symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

So I have been feeling awful for about 8 months now.

The symptoms causing me the most distress are tremors in my hands and legs but sometimes my whole body, they're usually subtle but get worse if i'm holding something or carrying shopping. I also get pins and needles and numbness every day and several times a day; for example i wake up most mornings to my hands being numb, or i'll be led down and my shoulder will get a heavy numb feeling, if i'm sat down sometimes my whole bum / lower back will go numb. also if im sat on the toilet i get pins and needles in my leg and it will start to go numb. Most of the time the numbness resolves itself when i love the affected joint.

i also get muscle twitches in my legs and arms and my hands do jerky movements sometimes.

The last thing is horrible pain. it feels like a deep bone pain or aching pain, in my legs and arms and back, sometimes i get this really severe burning pain in my back. I also get stiffness. The most accurate description to what i'm feeling is how nerve pain is described.

I've had all of this for 8 months and was convinced i had MS, however my doctor kept saying she didn't think it was. i had some blood tests and they found out my Vitamin D is extremely low (in the low 20's, the minimum it should be is 75).

The thing is when i google the vitamin D symptoms the only thing that matches is the pain, so im still really concerned about the tremors, muscle twitching and numbness. However, i came across a discussion on here and a few people with Vit D deficiency seemed to experience similar symptoms.

So my question is has anybody experienced these types of symptoms due to a Vit D deficiency and recovered?

thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

i am sorry to hear that you are suffering from this horrible vitamin d deficiency too.

All that symptoms you are facing are of vitamin d deficiency. i also suffered with this deficiency for so long almost 3 years and my level was at 13 and i started taking medicines 3 months ago , my back spine and ribs used to ache like hell .. but now it's quite better and slowly relieving. Numbness, twitches and pins needles are common with this deficiency. it will get better but takes time. get well soon buddy. 😊

• Edited

I'm sorry you have had to go through this too, its been awful! And thank you for your quick reply and kind words. i'm so glad you've managed to find some relief from it. Did you notice any improvements in the numbness? as this is the thing bothering me the most, its constant and feels like it will never go away.

• Posted

As in my case improvements took place very early but not very effectively . keeping patience and calm state of mind is a major key . It will take upto 6 months to completely heal. Try not to panic and eat healthy. ( avoid alcohol and smoking )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.