Vitamin D deficiency - feeling worse after starting treatment

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been taking high dose vitamin D for 4 weeks now (60000 iu a week) to treat my deficiency. My level was 15 nmol/l when I was diagnosed.

I've been feeling awful since starting treatment. My back and leg bone pain is worse and now also in my hips. I've got achy joints, arms and legs and feel completely exhausted.

Before starting supplements I was going to London twice a week for work. I'm now barely able to get off the sofa.

The last couple of days I've been especially tired, yawning all the time and having difficulty concentrating.

I keep reading that it can take time to feel better but I wasn't expecting to feel this much worse. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Fiona i feel it what your going through as few years ago i was same i was sooo anxious as i wasnt getting better even taking high dose vitamin d but on third week i start noticing im getting better.

Right now my vitamin d level is at 42 but DR saying get over the counter D3 tablets so im anxious to.

please update us if your better but other than that wish you good health

• Posted

I think the reason is not in the treatment. I also took high doses and everything was fine, there were no side effects. And after the course, it got better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.