Viv

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I had an iron infusion 9 days ago, I had the same side effects as most of you have discussed here before. After 2 days I had a a painful back, headaches, stomach pain and vomiting, felt awful for 3 days but now Ive got lots of heart flutters and missed beats that are making my life miserable! I do suffer from Variant Angina amongst other things and I'm due to have my Gall Bladder out in 2 weeks, I'm really concerned that these heart flutters as they make me feel that I'm going to have a heart attack and its like a thumping and I get short of breath. I can walk my usual 2-3 miles a day, its not stopping me but am I causing damage when these missed beats shoot through my body like a lightning bolt!! Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Vivienne,

Sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time because of iron infusion.

It took me more than two weeks to feel better post iron infusion.

Did you speak to the doctor who prescribed you iron infusion? Try and speak to them, they might suggest blood tests, to check your phosphate levels as they did for me after I told them about my symptoms.

Phosphate, vitamin D, folate and vitamin B12 was recommended to me.

Good luck and hopefully you will feel better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.