Vulvodynia for 12yrs and fed up!!!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey all,

Started to write this as feel pretty alone with having Vulvodynia.

Mine all started around 12 yrs ago from putting essential oils in my bath. Few days after I was in so much pain and swollen. I went to my GP and they checked me out and couldn't see anything obvious. I then had constant vulval pain everyday. I was seen under multiple Gynae Consultants including being seen in a Vulval Dermatology clinic, I had biopsies, tried different creams (which always made it worse). I then discovered not letting shampoo and shower gel run down me made the pain not something that happens everyday. So I now have to wash my hair leaning over so it doesn't run down me and the same with washing my body. I have learnt to live with the odd washing routine as it was worth doing to avoid being in pain. I wash my knickers in a non perfumed detergent to avoid any irritation. I had years on frequent pain. Sometimes it would be consistent and other times it might start in the morning and a few hours later go away. It's ranged from burning, soreness to sharp nerve pain. As I am sure everyone has, I started to research, this obviously suggested STIs, Cancer and other scary things, so mentally this has really affected me. Through my research I found people were being prescribed Amitriptyline, so after many visits to the GP I got them to prescribe me it. It has definitely helped the tight muscle pain I also used to get particularly when stressed or had done exercise. Anyway fast forward a few years and intermittent pain, I recently started doing Pilates and unless just a coincidence I am having a major flare up, I am in pain again pretty much everyday to the point it woke me up last night. Feeling really low and isolated as no one really understands unless they suffer with it. I have been referred to a Gynae pain Psychologist to help me mentally cope as I have just got myself in a state and just feel like its something dirty where its in an intimate place. I thought I would share in case anyone else is feeling the same. 😦

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.