Warfarin, tingling, numbness, burning legs, head pressure, internal vibration.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking warfarin for 10 months for a carotid artery dissection. The last few months I have numbness and tingling in my feet and hands. Also have crawling and burning sensations in legs and twitching all over my body. I also have weakness in my right leg, and constant head pressure. I also have an internal vibrating sensation. Can these symptoms be from warfarin?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Could well be. My husband had terrible side effects...after a lot of arguments with GP he was eventually sent to a consultant and now takes apixaban.

There are several anti-coags now, so should be able to get one that suits you.

Please ask to see a consultant asap regarding this.

• Posted

thanks for your insight. can you please tell me what side effects your husband had? I would appreciate it. thank you

• Posted

He had the numbness in his lower legs. Bleeding eyes, a huge blood-blister kept coming up on his back where he'd had a biopsy taken many years before.

The worst symptom for me was he got really nasty. In the end I couldn't be in the same room for more than 10 minutes.

The consultant we eventually saw tried riveroxaban but that was worse than the warfarin. So then he was given the apixaban which has had very few side effects, although it doesn't mean it would suit you.

As everyone is different you really must see someone asap. You may have to really insist...but don't give up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.