Weak legs

Posted , 2 users are following.

Morning guys.  I am wondering can anyone tell me why CRPS cause weakness in limbs and how I can help mine ? It started in left ankle nearly two year ago. Got mobile within 5 months with physio.  But a year into it the time of a disease spread to all limbs back neck head face. 

Last few weeks my legs are very weak.  I can’t walk very far and they seem to loose some power and start to be painful. But it’s the horrible weak sensation is more crippling than the pain.  Right arm same. Example trying to hold iPhone to make a call I just can’t hold it.  So I use ear phone put in pocket.  How can I help limbs. It’s scary as I have 3 small kids and I can’t play with them and run around with them now   I need this to be resolved as I need my legs !!! Help ! Thank you. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brenda,

I am in a similar situation as you.  The pain has spread to half the right side of my body  with hand and shoulders where it strarted still hurts like hell.  

Keeping your limbs strong is a challenge with CRPS because of the pain level.  Get an x ray of your ankles, as the bone may have gotten thinner.  When diagnosed my right hand where it was affected has lost considerable bone mass compared to the left.

Excersize is the only way to get them strong.  I decided to excercise even if I had to up my dosage of pain medication.  Walking with someone is also good as you can concentrate on the conversation rather than the pain.  My wife takes me out on daily walks as if she walks a dog lol.  This is also vital for your organs.

With three kids it must be tough, but play with them to excersize your limbs.  You have to explain to them about CRPS, so they will understand that you will have limitation.

I hope this helps.  

Toshi

• Posted

Hi toshi. Thanks for that.  Yes I am on my feet a lot taking care of them.  I tried to go for a walk last week on own with music in it was 1,3 km. But I then got severe thumping pain in my cheek bones.  Like how does a walk affect that area !!! My hubbie had to come collect me.  I was thinking maybe finding a swim pool with warm water and try exercise that way.   I feel exhausted 24/7 and have little patience lately. I am chemically sensitive so don’t have much choice with meds at all. So just keep battling and moving. How far can you walk 
    • Posted

Hi brenda,

I am so sorry.  Half of my face is also affected.  My. Doctor prescribes tryptanol for my facial pains. But being chemically intolerant means you have to put up with a lot more pain.  I really admire you and challenging to raise your kids.

I can walk about 2k now but my right foot swells so I need different size running shoes. 

Pool is good, but there is no gravity so it can only help your ankles so far.

But is recommended for all parts of your body.  I tried breath stroke the other day, but only lasted 5 mins.

Hang in there Brenda!

Toshi

• Posted

Yea I can take paracetamol ! As long as my kids are happy I will be ok. So eating good diet now and trying to be positive and look for ways to help. So my family thrives !!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.