Weak legs/arms?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Anybody else suffer with this? My legs sometimes feel so weak, I feel like I could fall over when I stand up. My arms sometimes feel really weak and shaky too.

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

my legs are to week to be able to get up out of bed and i cant get to the loo on time and end up wetting my self and i cant move my fingers properly and there always numb and tingly and feel like there burning have you had this to
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that Derek. Yes I also have pain in my fingers and wrists. I often drop things because of this. My ankles hurt too and sometimes my feet feel strange like they are in spasm.
    • Posted

i spend nearly all day in tears due to severe pain and cant hardly move i want to go back to work but my doctor and rheumatologist have doth said no there is just nothing i can do thats what they say im now signed off indeffinatly and now have to have a full time carer my wife is caring for me but will be getting someone else to help out as im at an extreme level and my rheumatologist has said im 1 of the worst cases he has seen but i still remain possitive as much as possible and even though i have tried a lot of different things to help with my symptoms that have not worked i still search for something that might and thats all i can do its just trial and error and not even my pain killers work they dont even take the edge off but something should work just need to find the right meds and if you dont mind me asking when did you first notice something was not right wit you
    • Posted

Sounds like you have it rough, I'm sorry to hear you are struggling like that.

I first noticed about 18 months ago, I had a constant pain in my left side and my legs started aching after work, except it wasn't like a 'normal' tired ache it was much worse. I was signed off from work for around 7/8 months but I had to go back as I feared I would lose my job and have no income. I'm down to part time but even that is too much for me I'm not coping well at all.

Since I first went to the doctors with these symptoms seem to have got much worse. I'm in pain every day with one thing or another. It's hard to stay positive but we just have to keep going I guess.

• Posted

looks like we both have it rough and i would love to stay intouch with you as it looks like you could do with a friend and im always here to listen and i do understand and for people like us it means a lot that someone understands so like everyone else im here for you and i love your attitude and yes we do have to keep on going or our battle with fibro has been lost and even though im not and proberbly never will be able to work again at least i can still enjoy seeing my boy grow up and thats 1 thing fibro will never take from me
  • Posted

Hi Lucy, yes definitely can empathise with you. My arms and legs feel like lead, and it is an effort to do most things. I can't stand for very long either. I have some numbness around my right thumb which seems to be at the end of a cold feeling which travels in a line from my shoulder. Also general pain in my hands and wrists. You are not alone! x
  • Posted

Hi Lucyseven Thisare all part of fibro the symptoms you are having. My legs are very weak. I have fallen over several times. My arms I can only lift so high I have numbness in them both quiet ofternmy left arm is very weak. My fingers and hands are very painful I walk with a stick ut I also have a walking frame this is a great help as it helps with balance issues.take care gentle hug
  • Posted

Hi Lucyseven

Unfortunately yes, weakness in legs arms and hands almost everyday. It's the fibro weakness. 

Gentle hugs wink x

• Posted

Yeah, sounds familiarsad My Dr recently told me I have arthritis in hands, wrist, neck, shoulders, knees. Asked him what I could do I.e wear scarf/gloves, keep warm, supplements etc. His answer was to move to a warm country!?!

I'm 33, diagnosed 9 yrs ago, had a fall 6 months ago and now I'm housebound unless someone is with me, partly due to the fact I live in a flat and can't manage the stairs on my own and I'm terrified I will fall and also as I'm unable to get myself back up if I do fall due to pain in upper limbs. Add this to the all too familiar fatigue, pain, confusion and u have a rather pathetic lifestyle. Being unable to work and denied disability benefits doesn't help either.

This isn't a rant for sympathy, just wanted u to know I understand the frustration u have at not being able to do the simplest things u could do BF (before Fibro) and to highlight how lightly the medical profession can treat what is a totally debilitating illness!

Keep your Dr updated with ur symptoms and change drs if u feel u aren't being taken seriously, they are there to help u after all!!

Hugssmile xx

• Posted

My legs and arms have weakness too,but that has been with me for over 15 years.Some days are ok and others really bad....strangely if I have a strong coffee with sugar it helps with the weakness.Tested for diabetis but I do not have.

Most of us have test after test with all being ok,this is so confusing.

I went to live abroad to help with Fibro,it didn't make much difference,in fact some days when it was too hot,it made me worse and irritable.

Back in cold Scotland now, and fibro still the same, some days very bad,others ok.....this is what is so hard to understand about fibro,there is nothing we can put our finger on to say something is making it worse.

Some days nearly blind , then other days don't need any glasses.

I hope one day we find out what the triggers are, apart from stress.

• Posted

Hi Lucyseven

Yes I get that too, its our friend Fibro on the attacksad 

• Posted

I am having the same Symptoms and didn't know what was going on. But I am going to a chiropractor

Also called maximize living .com check it out. It has helped me a lot. Also teaches you how to eat the healthy way. I am new in the program but like it a lot. I know it is going to help me a lot. Everybody needs learn how to eat healthy.. So I hope everyone finds help. God Bless :-)

• Posted

I get these exact symptoms and it sucks. I often feel like my legs are going to give way. My knees are so sore and I'm sure they are deteriorating fast.

I hope you feel better soon. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.