Weed and Schizophrenia/psychosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

How likely is it for someone to develop schizophrenia/psychosis from smoking a strong weed once?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

I don't know but I had a panic attack that I think could have been triggered by trying a gummy. I thought it was like psychosis. It was pretty hard to describe but at points it felt like a dream where I felt I was sleep walking and pinching myself to see if I was awake. It was a extremely weird night and I'm to embarrassed to talk about other things I did. I quit my job cause I couldn't focus at work.

I'm seeing a therapist to get a opinion but he doesn't want to talk about it he wants me to keep busy. But I worry about it happening cause I think it was also triggered by stress.

• Posted

I have the EXACT same problems man. It felt like I was in Virtual Reality when I was tripping, and I haven't been able to focus on anything since. It felt like I couldn't connect back to reality...

Best of luck to you man.

• Posted

DO NOT SMOKE WEED.

Do NOT smoke weed. Coming from someone who had a panic attack off a weak dab pen, around 70% THC or so, do not smoke weed. If you're at a party and want to feel a little loose, drink alcohol instead (a small amount. 2-3 beers max) Weed, especially THC, is dangerous in my opinion.

I have permanent brain damage from that attack. I cant focus on almost anything for more than 5 minutes, and have had trouble with school since my attack. It feels like the weed literally lowered my IQ.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.