Week2 post scarf and akin osteotomy cannot put heal down

Posted , 2 users are following.

its been two weeks since my scarf/Akin on my left foot. I was told i could weight bare on the heel, however its almost like my heel cannot reach the ground without standing in the most awkward position, standing with a straight leg feels like it is stretching both my achilles tendon and the incision. Any tips on how to get my foot on the ground?

I am slightly more worried because with Covid even the appointment that involves washing and ensure stitches are dissolved were done by me at home so have no idea if it looks ok or not etc.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

hi i cant help at all but wondered if you solved this i had surgery on my left foot 5 days ago and my surgeon said i can use my heel straight away bit i cant the pain is too intense. i'm worried that its too painful as obviously it shouldn't be or he wouldn't have expected me to walk on it. help x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.