Weight gain.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone else noticed that they have put weight on since having gallbladder removed? I had my op December 2015 and since seem to eat loads. Hungry all time and gaining weight due to this.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Don't know why but yes. 20 pounds gain heresmile

• Posted

About the same with me. Do feel hungry though all the time. Hope it sorts itself out. Keep trying to eat healthy but can't manage to.

• Posted

Not a doctorsmile but from what I understand not having gallbladder bile flows directly into the intestines all the time so food is digested or absorbed faster . But there are people that can also eat very little after having it removed. Not in our case apparantlysmile

• Posted

Hi, Mandy, sorry to learn you're having these troubles.  Try breaking the amount of calories you need to maintain the weight you want into lots of small snacks throughout the day, say, a snack every 1 1/2 or 2 hours.  Between times drink lots of water or unsweetened tea.  Stay away from all artificial sweeteners, as they mess up your gut bacteria and only make you crave more sweets and food, not less.  Use only natural sweeteners, even sugar, but sparingly. Hope this helps!    

• Posted

You're welcome! You've also had something very stressful happen to you!  I think when some people are stressed they feel hungry; when others feel stressed they can't eat a bite!  Good luck to you!  Please let us know how you do!

• Posted

I haven't noticed but my vocal cord stopped working making it hard to eat because of choking. I've lost weight sad

• Posted

This is interesting as my voice is so different...sounds whinny to me and I ask my son about it he said he thought it was just because I felt to crappy for a month plus after surgery. I had gained 10 lbs in one day in hospital, haven't been weighed since but most of clothes still fit right. Maybe your vocal cord issue is due to stress. Pray it improves quickly. 

• Posted

Did having your gallbladder removed help or do you still get pain?im having mine removed on july 26 and all i read is negative things about people saying they still get the same pain
    • Posted

Hi grace. I've been fine since having mine removed. Only thing with me is seem hungry all the time x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.