Weight gain - help!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, has anyone got any top tips to lose weight whilst taking Peroxetine? I gained weight when i first started taking it in 2019 then 2 lockdowns later and starting on Mirtazapine as well i thought it was time to get back on the diet wagon. But, I'm finding my usual way to lose (low carb) is having no effect. I'm also menopausal, triple whammy!!

on the plus side I dont feel depressed!! I know this probably seems trivial compared to the agony of depression but, it is affecting my mental health. Has anyone had any experience with this? thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi There,

I've been on paroxetine more than a year and I also would like to find an answer to this. I've gained about 15kg and have been working through the problem with a doctor, however, nothing has worked.

I've tried Keto, limiting daily calories to 800, intermittent fasting, no carbs/sugar and eliminating lectins, all at the same time and all to no avail.

Eventually I just thought 'screw it' and tried fasting for three days straight. I lost only 1.5kg and it went right back on once I started eating a healthy diet again.

At this point I'd be glad for any suggestions others have found helpful. Besides the fact that it just feels unpleasant, there are health implications down the track of carrying so much extra weight. I know exactly how you feel, it does seem trivial when you say it out loud but it's not fun day to day when nothing you do seems to make a difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.