weight gain on warfarin

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone else noticed weight gain whilst being on warfarin. I am also extremely tired. Its ridiculous. I am going to ask to chge to another medication 5 months on Warfarin and i dont feel good.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi. My husband had all sorts of horrible side effects from warfarin. He was eventually changed to apixaban, but everyone is different so you might need to try a few. ( he tried riveroxaban which was even worse.)

Warfain is really cheap...so you may have to fight for a different anticoag.

• Posted

i have not felt good on this since start. was even worse on riveroxaban and apixaban. i would like to stop taking this crap medication but i had a p.e. five years ago after an operation. no further incidents so i want off it. is that going to cause any harm?

• Posted

You'd need to speak to your consultant. This is a forum for patients, we are not doctors.

There are other drugs...my Mum was on clopidogral (not sure of spelling) but I believe it's mega expensive. Might be worth asking.

• Posted

thanks. will ask but i have had enough of these nasty drugs and i dont think drs care so will take it into my own hands

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.