Weight loss after band

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,I'm just starting my solid phase after surgery and had my weekly weigh in and am thoroughly disappointed to see that I've only lost 1lb this week..1stone 3lb in total but the 1lb has completely thrown me off. Has anyone else been through this? I've done everything by the book so feel really down about the whole thing 😥

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa93399,

Sorry to hear you're disappointed.

Don't be! From personal experience, I have had periods where I have plateaued and didn't loose any weight however, my body does register weight loss.  Keep doing what you're doing and pay attention to your clothes - THAT was when I noticed I was shedding weight.

Now, I don't even go near a scale.  SERIOUSLY I tell doctors I'm allergic to scales. My dress size, the changes in my face and other physical indicatiors is what actually counts.

Keep to your diet and try not to make food or your diet the top 3 things on your mind.

Don't give up! You've done well so far. 

• Posted

Thank you for your good advice...i love hearing other people's experiences 😊
  • Posted

try looking at your overall wgt loss rather than one wk when you have not lost as much - you will get wks when you dont lose much or even stay the same but dont be disheartened just keep following the rules and take some photos or measurements as the scales are not the only way to measure progress - i used to take a photo every time i lost a stone - side, front back and clos eup of my face - stand in  front of a door to give the pic some perspective cos that door wont change size but you will and it will be more noticeable in the same spot with something like adoor behind you - good luck
  • Posted

hi lisa,

never be despaired but be happy that you have managed to lose a lb a week, do not rush rather you will be exhausted,keep calm and carry on trying. I have managed to lose upto 18 in 8 weeks without even changing my diet, I simply keep myself active,drink a lot of warm water, and a use beyond weight management tea, you can also find something for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.