Weight loss after hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi.

Has anyone experienced weight loss after their hysterectomy? I am almost 3 weeks post TAH with BSO. I've always been pretty skinny but I seem to be losing a bit of weight. The first week post op I wasn't really eating much but my appetite is ok now but my clothes feel too big. I suffer badly with depression and anxiety and I'm starting to worry that something is wrong. Apart from the usual post op fatigue/swelling/discomfort, I actually feel quite well. Anyone had anything similar?

Thank you for reading.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

I lost 14 lbs in the first 3 weeks mostly, i believe, because i seemed to get full faster but also because i bloat every time I eat.

• Posted

hi,

what hysterectomy did you have..im having laproscopy next week and feel abit anxious because other than forums you dont really get told anything only the basics.

one of the major things im concerned is having a prolapse after, they say you suffer with constipation, ill be taking laxatives anyway but you still have to push to a certain extent.

did you also stay in hospital, im really hoping to go home same day...hopsitals freak me out and im worried about picking up infections etc esp having a catheter.

hope your feeling better...how long are you off work??

thanks Natalie

• Posted

I"m sorry you're going through this. Wish I could take it from you. I am obese and having a hysterectomy in a few weeks.. Neverous about the surgery as a plus sized person and wishing I could inherit your post surgical weight loss issues 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.