Weight, once again!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Because of this very hot weather I have been eating a lot less, and I have put ON weight (about 4 pounds).  Of course, as advised, I've been drinking much more, but it's not coming OUT.  Where the hell has it gone?

Confused Constance!!!!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Constance

i too put on weight last week. My clothing became so tight & uncomfortable, and the fat was bulging everywhere, what's going on with us?

• Posted

Fluid retention, Constance.  That's the reason for the additional weight and in your case I would expect you to lose it again once the weather cools off.  Don't stop drinking fluids though, in fact, drinking more would (paradoxically) help.  Happens to me every summer and mine is worse when the weather is humid.  I love summer, but there have been times when I've been glad to see the back of it!
  • Posted

I'd like to know too. For the last 10 days or so, I've stuck to a very sensible eating plan, no snacking (apart from one day when I succumbed to two packets of cheese and onion crisps, wonderful!). But really, I've eaten 3 very small meals per day, and I can see little improvement. My stomach, which always seems bloated, is just the same.

I'll keep going, eating lots of fruit when I'm hungry, surely it's got to work!

• Posted

Try salads and veggies rather than fruit - fruit has far more sugar in it and it is the carbs that matter. Cucumber sticks, chunks of iceberg lettuce or radicchio, carrot sticks (not too many)...

And Nefret is right - drink more rather than less when you have fluid retention in heat. If you don't drink enough the body hangs on to what is there and it pools in certain places. And preferably don't drink ice-cold drinks, just below room temperature is more cooling. In fact - even a cup of tea is cooling!

• Posted

Thanks Eileen. Will try more raw veg as a snack.

Ps. Hope your China trip was good.

• Posted

Hi Constance,

If you have been drinking alot maybe it is most likely water weight, or water retention. Measure your weist circumfrance and avoid over use of the scale. 

I have learnt that fruits and veggies do not help with water retention all that much. Try cut out all carbs other than no more than 1/2 cup vegies and 1/2 cup sald with your meals. No rice, potatoes, pasta for a week or two. 120 g protein, your skinless chicken, fish etc. If you snack, snack on your proteins and nuts. Maybe a fat free yogurt, cold meats and no more than 50g nuts.

It is healthy and I find it works the charm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.