Weird stomach pulsations

Posted , 4 users are following.

So what happened , I was going quite heavy on alcohol one night with my friends as we were out at a party , I was mixing drinks and I started having a pounding heart rate and was debating calling an ambulance , since then , my anxiety levels have been severe , where I have been constantly thinking something is wrong with me , I recently noticed I have a rather fast pulse in my stomach rib area and even lifts my phone , when I place it on my rib area. Under both ribs I have it is really sore and my stomach area is really tender , my back kinda aches as well , I have been breathing in when I don't need to be taking deep breaths so this could be linked to causing the pain , I have been for an ecg and been checked over by a doctor after my worrying about a possible anyrysm, but that ruled out as I am only 16 , it's weird and I just want peioce of mind and want to know if anyone else experiences a pulsation in there stomach and chest area ?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I to have a pulse I can feel and see sometimes in my belly just above my belly button. It's normal to see and feel espeially if your slim and I also read when anxoety is high it's more dominant.

I'm the same at the minute thinking I'm having an anyism but I'm only 22 and my symptoms have Ben going on for weeks so I guess it would have been worse by now if it was anything like that!

I also get chest pain

• Posted

I get pains in my stomach and it's really tender to touch but I could have a touch of a gluten allergy the doctor said , but I do suffer from anxiety and I am thankful I have found something like this where I find people like you who have the same symptoms , positive thinking I think ! I have been for a ecg and the doctor basically laughed at me also saying i was to young, guess it's something we all have to live with.

I to suffer from chest pain , on the left middle and right.

• Posted

What you're feeling in your stomach is your aortic pulse. It's totally normal. Everyone has an aorta and it's pulsating becomes more noticeable when your heart is beating harder. Nothing at all to worry about. I went in to a blind panic about my aorta when I first started suffering from anxiety and my doctor literally laughed at me and told me to come back in 40 years as the biggest risk factors for aortic problems is being over the age of 65!! Yup, it's a pretty generic geriatric problem! 😊

The pains you're feeling are likely from hyperventilating as you appear to be spending a lot of time thinking about your heart and breathing mechanism.

Please stop worrying! 😊

• Posted

I get pains in my stomach and it's really tender to touch but I could have a touch of a gluten allergy the doctor said , but I do suffer from anxiety and I am thankful I have found something like this where I find people like you who have the same symptoms , positive thinking I think ! I have been for a ecg and the doctor basically laughed at me also saying i was to young, guess it's something we all have to live with.

I to suffer from chest pain , on the left middle and right.

• Posted

Yep last year I found that pulse in my stomach and ribs I felt it 24/7 and Googled stupidly I ended up in hospital and all sorts all because the worry of that pulse took over I missed out on alot of things and couldn't enjoy myself its completely normal I feel it now still just not 24/7 once we notice something we latch on to that I had numerous doctord check it I still thought I had a arotic anyrsm sad x
    • Posted

Hi Steph , it's really horrible , and I'm glad I'm finding people which are going through the same as me , I started getting really anxious about the slightest things and start googling symptoms of this and that. I have had an ecg and numerous of other tests and I'm still get to out my query to rest that I still have an anyrysm. I have just learned to say f it and get on with things but it comes back and is a horrible , lonely feeling which I wish I never had come across. I guess we just all need to stop and try get on with it but I have constant pulsation in my stomach , up from my belly button and have it in my ribs as well and when placing my phone it actually moves surprising a lot lol ! Do you get pain under your ribs ? Because I do and it could be because of the deep breathing I am taking x
    • Posted

Yep it also could be from constantly getting in awkward position to check the pulse ? It's horrible it took ober my life for nearly a year I felt hopeless the good news is it will get better when you accept its normal and that pulse is always going to be there x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.