Well I’ve been battling with GA for over a year now

Posted , 4 users are following.

Let me just tell you all that I feel like I have tried everything to heal an dry up my GA its on both my lower legs I just don't know how anyone lives like this, I've been suffering woth it for over a year now an nothing has helped heal it till now, we went to the Beach last week an I can honestly say the salt water is the only thing thats cleared my legs up an I've been putting Vitamin E an Maderma on my legs as well for the scaring an I have to say my legs look beautiful again, I even had someone tell me how nice my legs looked an in the last year I have kept them hid because they looked so bad, now I'm trying to figure out how to keep my legs looking an feeling like they do now, I think I will take an soak my legs in sea salt if they break out again so I pray this helps someone else with there pain and suffering with GA

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI Nay Nay, I've been dealing with GA for over 5 years. I'm glad that something seems to have helped you. Let us know if that continues to help. Sea salt has never had any benefit for me, but everyone is different and different things seem to help different people. I have noticed that when I've had lesions on my legs, they've tended to be easier to treat than the ones that usually show up on my back, where they generally always show up and stay. They usually are always in a localized area on my back /side sort of near my underarm but on my back and they'll show up higher close to the underarm and then more will show up below that, almost like a trail of them. They'll start very small, and then turn into huge circles. It's awful. Mine went away for 5 months, the longest time ever in 5 years, and just came back a couple weeks ago. I'm so bummed cause I thought they'd gone away for good. I'm quite convinced that stress has played a HUGE role for mine. This is such a terrible thing for everyone who has it, since there is no known cause/cure. I wish you continued succcess and thank you for sharing!

• Posted

Hello Adrain I hate to hear the ocean water never helped you, I've had my Ga for over a year now an its never went away till now, I think I'm going to try sea salt bath soaks for when it comes back, I'm with you i believe its from stress an I'm working on getting that out of my life hopefully we can stay in touch Thanks RANEE Nay Nay

• Posted

when i was young i always got all three poisons (ivy,oak,shumack) but a day at he shore seemed to dry it up like it was never there. i did not think of it for GA. I shower with salt scrubs. i use all kinds but my favorite is himalayen salt with all kind of pure oils in them. you are exfoliating your skin which also treats the GA break out. sorta like the ocean huh.

i am breaking out again and they take on such a weird shape this time like a horseshoe.

they seem nastier this time. i had gotten rid of all for almost a year then it came back.

CHERYL

• Posted

Cheryl I use salt scrubs to but nothing seemed to help an i just want to dig a hole threw my legs they itch so bad the scaring was terrible, I was wondering if taking a soak in sea salt would help, ill let you know as soon as it starts acting up again ttys RANEE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.