Well it was not scabies...it was something far worse and it burrows..

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been fighting what I believed was recurrent scabies. long burrow markings, itching, bites, crawling sensations, plus insecticides were of limited use. Each attack was worse, harder and more exhausting. Finally I was robbed of all dignity when it seemed they had taken roost in my bowel lining, coming out to attack my buttocks leaving hiveish burrow marks. Wearily I visited my doctor..wearily because there has been so many dermatologists and doctors..this has cost a fortune. I showed him my markings and explained what was happening and finally someone understood..that is about 8 years later f(rom when this started. He immediately sent me to infectious diseases who are treating this as very urgent.

There are worms called strongyloides stercoralis ..roundworms. You pick these up from soil or dogs. Basically they live inside you and come out and bite and tunnel into the skin, especially on the buttocks, back, thighs...but can go elsewhere. Depending on your immune system these horrors can cause illness, and in some cases death. You can carry them for years with no symptoms and then something can kick them off. They are hard to formally diagnose, they can hide in the body and can be hard to eradicate. Should you be diagnosed you close contacts have to be treated. Dermatologists are useless on this, the last on bleated on about delusional parasitosis (despite being shown blood results of certain blood parasites from a tickbite)..unfortunately for her she put that in writing..I will be seeking legal advise, I am so tired of not being helped, dumped on whilst going through utter hell.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

This is exactly what im suffering from except they are in my face and scalp. When it affects your scalp it's called pelodera strongyloides and they live in your hair follicle. I couldn't even let my hair touch my face without breaking out in a bright red rash that burned and itched terribly. Everyone thought I was delusional also. I just want you to know you're not alone and I'm sorry you had to endure it for so long. Did you ever get them gone?

• Posted

did u ever get treated for this?

• Posted

Folks, PLEASE! You need to respond to questions posted to your post. How else will the rest of us learn from your examples or experiences?

I too, want to know if you ever got treated for this and with what? Did you cure your issue of strongyloides stercoralis? And how? Thank You!

• Posted

hi, i feel for you and truly hope the doctors in infectious disease cure you! please update us!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.