Went to 15 different Reumatologists, no one can find what i have. Please Help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

It all started in 2015 when I got pain in my left ankle after sore throat and was then moved to my right ankle and then to my knees and then spread throughout the body.

Now, 3 years later, I can barely walk from the pain in my knees, ankles and hips.

I consulted with 15 rheumatologists in Romania in Hungary and France, and nobody could find what I have. Everyone said they did not know what I had and gave me painkillers.

All my blood tests are good. I don't have any visible swollen joints .

The pain i have is mainly after i walk or i do exercise or something. In the morning i feel a little stiff but i don't feel any pain.

When i have a cold i feel pain in all my joints including the hands. The worst affected joints are the knees the ankles and the hip.

I can barley walk from the pain i have..and i get injured very easily .

The only blood test that is not good is the one for Streptococcus i had the group C one. And the blood tests showed ASO was 800. So i thought i have post streptococcus syndrome..but i don't have swollen joints or the inflammatory markers high.

Have anyone had a postreptococcal syndrome ?

I don't know what to do anymore..please help me

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

I've had the same issue after strep infection. I had strep infection almost 4 months ago and developed neck pain and pain in left arm. Later the pain spreaded to my right arm, legs, thighs, literally everywhere. some days are better than the other. my blood work is fine. esr little elevated at 24. rest looks good. but still don't know why I feel this pain. my rheumatologist believes it is post strep symptoms. I do have nerve pain and muscle pain. How is your pain now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.