What could this be - maybe too much info sorry

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since January after a virus and chest infection I have had really bad chest pains. Have had all the necessary tests which have all come back clear, apart from a positive reading after a stress EGC on Monday. The cardiologist said this was normal in large breasted ladies and once I have a CT scan, as I am low risk he thinks it will show nothing. I have noticed a couple of times when putting on cream after a shower that the pain in my left breast is relieved when I support my breast. I am a G cup so rather large I am afraid. The pain goes from my left armpit and across into my chest about halfway across.I felt all along the top of the breast and could locate the exact point where pain was it was a really sore dull ache. I am now wondering whether it is not heart related but breast related. My mum and sister have both had cysts but they could feel them, I can feel nothing. are they hereditary does anyone know. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi! It does sound to me like it is breast related, or rather chest muscles. Being on the larger boob size does put some strain on the muscles and makes them feel weak, and this is why you get some relief when you support them, I myself am a 34E so I know a bit of what you are going through. Nothing beats a really good bra, and if you are UK based, Debenhams do some really good pretty bras for bigger booked ladies.

hope this helps!

take care, julie.x

• Posted

Hi Julie, I am UK based and yes Debenhams is good, I am off there today to get some more. I have had a good feel around and the pain is also coming from where the wire sits, you have to have bras so tight to support you and I am going to look at a non-wired one to see if that helps. Anyone who pays to have their breasts enlarged are mad, in my opinion large ones are not much fun. Take care
  • Posted

Hi there

It sounds muscular to me, possibly brought on by coughing with your chest infection.  The other possibility is that it is a viral infection - costochondritis, of the cartilage next to your breast bone - Tierze's disease. It goes away on its own, but feels better with NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen.

I don't think that cysts are familial.

If  you are in any doubt - you really should see your GP - no-one would  consider that you  are making a fuss - and you cannot be too careful. 

Hope you feel better soon,

M xx

• Posted

Hi thanks for your post, as I mentioned in post above I am getting a lot of pain in ribs where wire sits. Will go to GP and see what she thinks she may have some ideas on how to get rid of the pain. Have a good day x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.