What do I have?!?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys,

Ive done a previous post explaining how I thought i might have scabies, however some people told me they thought it could be an allergy reaction. A lot has happened since then.

Basically they thought i had eczema so ive been treated for that, and it still showed, then i used scabies cream and it still showed so it wasnt that and the latest is they think it could be folliculitis, which they gave me steroid cream for. That worked for about a week and its flared up again and its even worse even though im still applying the cream. Im also on stronger anti-histamines in cause it was my hayfever.

Do i have scabies though?? Pictures are attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

imageimageimageimage

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would recommend doing one of two things. Use witch hazel on your bites and look for teeny tiny little specs. They are red and black. I think the females are red..and perhaps the black dots are eggs or fecal matter.

Or you could take a very thick oil and coat it and look for those black dots that pop up. That can tell you if you have something parasitic going on. We don't think ours is scabies BUT it's definitely a teeny tiny little spider. We bought an electronic scope.

I can tell you that permethrin really hasn't worked on ours nor ivermecting. Salycilic works well along with oil of oregano, clove and sulfur.

The doctors didn't believe us until we began to give them specimens. Then suddenly it's not "in our head" or contact dermatitis or eczema.

God Bless you.

• Posted

Your bites look like my husband's but that doesn't mean you have what we have.

• Posted

so do you think you have something other than scabies? this has been going on for nearly 6 weeks now and they still dont know what it is. so frustrating!

• Posted

Your bites look like my husband's but that doesn't mean you have what we have.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.