What do your lingering symptoms feel like?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Finished antibiotics 6 days days ago.

Side and back pain were gone yesterday but back today.

Do your lingering symptoms come and go for a while after an attack?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Randy,

I had my first attack 11 days ago. Awful. They started me right away in the ER on two antibiotics and sent me home with 7 days. I felt much better by day 5 but now on day 11, I feel swollen and sore again. Nothing like the attack, but I felt fine yesterday and sore today. A bit worried it is still infected? I have the same concern as you....

How are you feeling now that it's been a few months since your post?

• Posted

tightness in the stomach and sides, mild cramps and shooting pains

• Posted

Hi,

I've just had my 1st acute diverticulitis flare about 3 weeks ago. Treated in hospital on IV for 2 days with a further 7 days of antibiotics at home. Thankfully it was uncomplicated but nevertheless has left me exhausted and v anxious. Still have left sided tenderness and BM /habits deffo changed.

Worst on waking and before BM then it eases of.

I can still feel it and whilst not tender to touch i can feel waste passing through it before i poop (apologies for the detail)

Will have a colonoscopy as recommended but the whole experience has left me v anxious and mentally low.

Didn't know I even had DD but my Mum had it and there is a strong hereditary factor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.