What Is Going On?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. I have an issue that is causing me to have a lot of anxiety and I’m hoping I’m not the only one who has experienced this and I just want this to be over. I have an appointment with a urologist in 10 days, but it feels like an eternity from now. I’ll try to keep it as short as possible.

I am a 34 year old male that In April felt a burning sensation when urinating that came out of nowhere. It felt like I was peeing razor blades. I had intercourse with my wife a few days prior so I just blew it off as a possible small cut or some irritation. As the days progressed, the pain was still there, but the pain wasn’t as intense. I then started to have the urge to urinate all the time even after relieving myself. I made an appointment with my doctor and I provided a urine sample. There was a high white blood cell count in the sample and he said I had an infection somewhere in my urinary tract. I took Cipro for a few days and didn’t have a good reaction. He switched me to Bactrim. I felt like things were better and I finished the course. After finishing the antibiotics, this sensation of “tingling” could be felt in what I can only describe in my urethra after urinating and not during. It’s not painful, just uncomfortable and annoying. I don’t experience any pain during ejaculation. Sometimes I can feel this on the tip of my penis. I went back to my doctor and he ordered a urinealysis this time and everything came back clear including being negative for both chlamydia and gonorreah. He came to the conclusion that I had urethritis and told me to take Motrin. That was a month ago and I’m still experiencing the urge to urinate often and this burning/tingling feeling in my penis. In addition, I seem to dribble after urinating and will often find a wet spot in my underwear. Taking Motrin doesn’t really seem to be doing much.

Is it possible that my urinary tract is still inflamed from the infection? Is there something wrong with my prostate? Overactive bladder? My health anxiety of course makes me think I have cancer. I don’t have a family history of prostrate cancer from what I’m aware of. The only medications that I take are Pantoprazole and Lexapro.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

any updates?

have u any sexual exposure before all this came?

Have u tested all grounds of infection?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.