What is this lump behind my Uvula?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, bit worried about a flesh skin coloured sac like lump behind my uvula.

Its painless although i did feel a week ago like it was tender to swallow on that side of my throat when eating, i dont notice it, i only found it by accident. it doesnt bleed either. its also not visible when i open my mouth i had to use my finger to push up my uvula and soft pallet to make it visible for the attached pictured

please see the picture attached - any help would be appreciated. thank you. image

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

also the picture does exaggerate the size, its about the size of my index finger nail as you can see

• Posted

hi did either of you find out what it was i have the same i noticed it 3 years ago went to the doctors regarding it a month ago they referred me to ent , my appointment was a couple of days ago and they have referred me for a biopsy as they said they think it is an enlarge andenoid which could be worrying they said but they want to rule out anything serious im really scared ive 2 little boys and now worried ive left it too long

• Posted

hi did either of you find out what it was i have the same i noticed it 3 years ago went to the doctors regarding it a month ago they referred me to ent , my appointment was a couple of days ago and they have referred me for a biopsy as they said they think it is an enlarged adenoid which could be worrying they said but they want to rule out anything serious im really scared ive 2 little boys and now worried ive left it too long

• Edited

@adele70588 did you find out if it were an enlarged adenoid? if so did you have to have an adenoidectomy? please only share if it was positive for you . thanks 💓

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.