What is wrong with my hips?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I m a 17 year old girl and my hips hurt and ache a lot and it feels like it s really deep within the joint. My muscles around my hips are always sore but what really bothers me is the pain in the joint. My hips hurt when I squat, internally rotate my leg while standing, and when I sit. Last week I was jet skiing I had to open my legs a little and the pain was excruciating. It s almost as if my bones are grinding but that seems like it could be unrealistic.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to a doctor yet lucy?
    • Posted

No I have not. i have my annual check up in a couple months.
    • Posted

I think the first port of call would be to go see your dr. Asap. I am sure you dont have to wait for your annual check up. Let us know how you go
    • Posted

I went to get evaluted by my old physical therapist, I have impingement and there is not much they can do about that because it is just the way my hips are shaped. But she wrote for me to get a script to come back to physical therapy and with glute and abdominal strengthening my pain should lessen.
    • Posted

Hi Lucy, Glad to hear you have seen someone about it, what sort of impingment do you have? I have an Ischofemoral impingement I was treated after 7 years of being told nothing was wrong, I have had cortisone needle it seemed to help for a bit , I am noticing the pain is worse around when my period is due. anyway hope you are feeling better Glad you have found out what it is
  • Posted

Hi Lucy,

I agree with currychic, you should definitely consult your doctor and not wait until you're due for your annual.

All the best and hope to hear only good news from you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.