What pains do you experience since your PSA has elevated?

Posted , 4 users are following.

What pains do you have if any since your diagnosis? I am trying to see if this pain I am feeling is from the prostate or is it something else.

I sometimes get testicle pain and pain in the perineum area. It radiates in the area. It's sometimes dull aching and other times it's pulsing. Sometimes it's perfectly fine for weeks or months but then out of no where I will get this pain. Last time I felt like this was maybe about 3 or 4 months ago. And before you ask, yes I have been tested for STD's. I go every 6 months because when I first got this pain I rushed to the Dr because I thought I had something but every since then I just get checked every since months.

This whole experience is just frustrating.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I actually think that the pain I am experiencing is from Prostatitis but just trying to see if anyone else is experiencing it. And what can be done if it is prostatitis.

• Posted

I've had prostatitis in the past. The feeling is like having a golf ball up your rear end. Very uncomfortable. It is treated with antibiotics. It may require a second regimen of antibiotics to get rid of it. My doctor explained why. The prostate is like an onion - in layers. So it takes some time for the antibiotics to work on the prostate. And the other thing is that it is hard to diagnose prostatitis - mainly from the symptoms.

• Posted

OK my urologist gave me Bactrim before but it made my chest feel funny and I stopped taking it. I'll see if there is anything else he can give me.

• Posted

I can't take Bactrim either. It does a number on my stomach. So my doctor prescribed Ciprofloxacin 500mg. It worked for me with no bad side effects like the Bactrim.

• Posted

I too was on Ciprofloxacin. It's very widely used and side effects are few.

• Posted

If you're trying to understand if cancer is what you're feeling... the answer is "No". You don't feel cancer, certainly not in the early stages.

As for the pain you're enduring...look into a drug called Amitriptyline which worked for my bladder pain. It is worth looking into if it works for the pain you're experiencing.

• Posted

Thanks, didn't want to seem stupid but that's exactly what I was wondering lol.

• Posted

No worries. You could not seem stupid.

I learned some time ago that stupid is not asking and not wondering.

I have asked plenty of questions countless times and am happy I did.

• Posted

I do know that testicle pain comes when peeing and ejaculation. This should blow over over time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.