What's working for me currently...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Picked up on the celery tablets thing here.  I have now been taking celery seed capsules 3 times a day plus 200mg vitamin C 3 times a day and have only had one weak attack in a couple of months.  This I easily tackled with a double dose of  diclofenac at first twinge.  I also take Cherry Active but am a bit suspect about this now - could always get heel gout attacks that would make me really limp whilst on it. I think its a great antioxidant though so am in no rush to stop it.

Just adding to the mix!

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Every day, I make tea with a tablespoon full of celery seed.  I make a quart of it and drink it all day. It seems to have a diuretic effect, which is always good for gout.
    • Posted

You know...I thought I was 'spening a penny' more often...  Interesting :-)
  • Posted

Just an update that this is still working really well for me.  I had one attack in about 3 months (swollen foot - it affects me that way and loves my ankles) but a couple of diclofenac and it was gone by the evening. I still get a few twinges but my worst attacks in the past have made me limp and unable to work.  You need to try this  before opting for teh hard rugs as doc was looking to put me on Allopurinol which I declined.
    • Posted

Have been reading a lot about the celery so have some on order. Only been suffering for a few months but want to stay away from the drugs so will be changing my diet a little and taking a few supplements. Will update in a few weeks with what has worked for me.
    • Posted

Just an update,taking the celery seed capsules for a month. Only been taking one a day and have been a he'll of a lot better in that time. Just slight pain when really overworking my feet but getting better all the time. Eating a lot better on top of that with plenty of water intake but still enjoy a drink at weekends and favourite takeaways! W

ill always have a stock of these on hand as they work a lot better than drugs or apple cider vinegar for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.