What's wrong with me

Posted , 6 users are following.

A few years back I smoke some legal highs an had a bad trip. It was so bad I'd go as far as saying it wava traumatic experience. A few weeks later I had my first panic attack. From that point on when I looked at things they seemed to look cartoon like and this would scare me and cause me to have a panic attack, I had panic attacks caused by other things also. I went to see a counsellor (which didn't help) but eventually the I stopped thinking about it and the panic attacks went away. Recently I took ecstasy and had another panic attack and since then everything has been looking cartoon like again and I feel kind of zoned out. I've had anxiety and more panic attacks this time but the panic attacks are caused by several things. It's making me depressed as I just want to see things properly. Sorry if this does make much sense but it's the best I can do. Help please??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Birdie,

Firstly stay off the drugs okay, just because the high lasts a few hours does not mean the after effects disappear as quick. MDMA is great but it can also be mixed with a whole bag full of things, legal highs are fast becoming illegal highs because of the side effects and deaths. You have had the same after effects after taking drugs.

Now don't rule out anxiety disorder but I would definitely think stopping drugs might help

• Posted

Hi Birdie,

Don't stress about it, you are just having a bad reaction from taking drugs. Not everyone has the same make up and we all react differently to different drugs. Two different people will take the exact same drug ( say ecstasy for e.g.) but have completely different reactions. Your panic attacks you are having are no doubt related to taking drugs, they seem like the trigger, just learn from those two expereinces as being a sign that your mind / body doesn't like drugs. Do you feel social pressures to take them? I hope not... It's up to you at the end of the day, if you take drugs you now know you're probably going to suffer from anxiousness afterwards, a common symptom of drug use, but I'd say you're lucky you have learnt from your experiences enough to perhaps say no next time (; 

• Posted

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're having an awful time at the moment.

As people have said, stay away from the drugs. I know it can be tempting to do them when they're right there, but it'll be better in the long run if you say no. Panic atyacks are horrible, and they can make you feel like this. It sounds kind of like depersonalisation but don't hold me on that one because I'm no expert.

My best advice would be to go the doctors, who'll be able to get you the help you really need. And they won't just prescribe you drugs if that's not what you want. I wish you the very best!

• Posted

Hey dude, I've suffered a similar incident. I used to smoke a fair bit of weed and took mdma a few times, the last time ave me chest pains and I ended up having 3 panic attacks tht week and still suffer chest pains etc. lay of the drugs as it's bad for mental health :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.