What's wrong with me? Multiple Sclerosis or fibro?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've made a post previously stating my symptoms but they've worsened. Over the course of about 6 months more symptoms have added to my list. 

Before -

-Creeping, numbness and tingling sensations on head.

-Regular headaches (sharp and short, approx 3-10 a day).

-Dizziness/lightheadedness.

-Consistent muscle fasciculations (twitches).

-Loss of co-ordination, clumsiness.

-Tingling sensations on leg, and hand.

-Burning/ tender feeling on arm.

-Regular foot cramps.

Within the last two or three months other symptoms have popped up:

-Double vision.

-Vertigo.

-Chills through head and upper back.

-Worsened fatigue.

-Stabbing sensations across body, eg lower back.

-Burning sensation in scalp.

-Regular bone ache (not sure if has anything to do with it).

-Muscle weakness.

Even now I have a severe stabbing pain in my wrist and muscle twitches. Is it likely to be multiple sclerosis, or fibromyalgia, or nothing major? I really want to know what it sounds like sad

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've not got Fibro myself, but both many of your previous symptoms and your new symptoms sound similar to my daily MS life. An MRI and a lumbar puncture from a neurologist will be good indicators of this
  • Posted

there's a big 'overlap' of symptoms between MS and fibro, i have MS and i agree about MRI and lumbar puncture as the usual tests for MS, you can also have an Evoked Potential (EP) test to see if your sight problems are MS related. you could really do with a referral to a neurologist, harangue your GP for one. 
  • Posted

Could be numerous conditions, MS being one. Sorry I can not be more helpful but what I would suggest is that you go an see a neurologist. Take care and I hope you get some answers soon. The worst thing in

All of this is the not knowing and waiting for answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.