What should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on 25mg Zoloft for three weeks, for mild depression Haven't felt much of a difference expect more appetite & not crying so much. When should I expect results? I'm only feeling more anxious. What helps depression?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

I was on 100 mil of Zoloft for two weeks and switched to Lexapro! Zoloft made me very anxious and gittery! Hopefully you will have a more positive result I would think soon!
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm in the same boat you were in, That's great news! Hopefully so smile how does lexapro make you feel?

• Posted

The anxiety is a side effect from starting the medication, but should subside once the meds are fully in your system, and working. Typically this can range anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks. Some people feel the benefits quickly, while others end up waiting 8 weeks. Everybody's different. You're on a very tiny dose to start, so that may need to get altered. The side effects suck, but try to ride them out in order to get the full benefit of the medication.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply, I definitely will. Have you ever been on Zoloft? What did you do to help in the meantime?
    • Posted

Yes, I was on them for many years, went off for 5 years, but am considering going back on. Along with the Zoloft, I was given Xanax to help with the panic attacks, which was the main reason for Zoloft in the first place. This was a long time ago when I started, and I was in such a bad condition that I didn't notice the side effects. More than likely I had them, but chalked it up to my panic disorder. So, between the help of Xanax, and a couple good family members, I was able to reach a point where I was functional again. Time and patience is the key when starting any new medication, even though it's hard.

• Posted

You're very welcome. I agree that the doctors aren't very helpful, especially if you see a family doctor for a mental illness. I've stuck with only talking to my psychiatrist about any issue pertaining to anxiety, depression, and meds. I'm picky with doctors, so when I find a good one, I stick with them. I've been with my psychiatrist for almost 20 years, and the family doctor for exactly 20 years. I've had experience with other doctors and surgeons due to various issues that pop up, but I've noticed that many of them are so very cold, and patients are treated like cattle at a round-up, a quick in and out visit.

• Posted

Yup exactly. That's what keeps on happening to me, I haven't even had a check up with one. The last one just gave me Zoloft & some refills, Pretty much told me good luck. I'm the same way with being picky. But sadly I haven't found any luck with a good doctor yet. I hope everything goes well with you & I wish you the best luck! I know these things are a battle. Would you mind if I kept your username if I have a question? I could message you?

• Posted

Oh, I don't mind if you keep my name on hand at all. I'm usually on here every day, popping in and out.

When it comes to doctors, sometimes you have to get a little pushy, ask questions, and pretty much demand answers. Once they notice that you're not a pushover, they change their tune, not always, but many times. I make sure they know that I'm not an idiot, or some lost little lamb, and that makes quite a difference. Both my family doctor and psychiatrist are hard headed, so that's probably why I get along with them so well. I'm extremely blunt with them, and they appreciate that. It makes for an all around better treatment, and forms a bond, which is why I've been with them so long. Some doctors might not appreciate the bluntness, but those are usually the ones with huge egos. lol

• Posted

Lol! I have a good feeling we would make great friends. I appreciate you taking time out to answer my question! No one else would, Thank you for letting me save your username! (: I'm gonna seriously try that, I like your bluntness. Lol

• Posted

I'm glad I could help. smile

The forum's have busy, and slow times, but eventually someone pops in. The most active forum, in my opinion, is the anxiety one. There's so many nice, helpful, and fun people. Even if you never had anxiety before, and you're feeling it for the first time because of the medication, the people on the anxiety forum will still jump in to help. There's also a forum for Zoloft, and people help each other through the side effects, tell their stories, and so on. One lady documented her experience with a day by day account of how she was feeling, and that was pretty cool. It's just nice to know that ya don't have to be crazy alone, when we can all be crazy together. lol smile

• Posted

Lol! Every reply I like you even more. ?? I'll try those out, it's really nice to know I'm not alone & have help with this stuff!

• Posted

Hi psyched out. Where do I find the anxiety forum group on this site.

I'm on 75 mg Venlafaxine XL daily and find my anxiety very high at times.I

I'd like to join that group as well as it's always useful to get support

and help from other anxiety sufferers.

Thank you.

• Posted

Where will I find the Anxiety forum on this site? I would like to join.

I'm currently on 75 mg Venlafaxine XL daily.

My anxiety is very high at times and I would appreciate some advice

and support from fellow sufferers.

Thank you.

• Posted

Go to the main Patient page, then Forums, then type in anxiety in the search box. It's also listed under the mental health section. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.