What to do! I am starting to give up :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys,

If you scan over my previous posts it might give you more info to my problem here.

Im 16, going through a lot right now mainly these symptoms:

- absent periods

- insulin resistance 

- incredible weight gain, mainly on abdominal area

-purple/pinky red stretch marks on abdomen and a few on arms and sides of my body

-excessive hair

-buffalo hump

-body pains 

My body honestly looks like how the person on the diagram looks. My abdomen protrudes its really big, it honestly looks like i am pregnant , its looks like a big round pot belly. My back kind of curves pushing it out much more. 

I wouldn't say i have a moon face but it is a little chubby.

My blood cortisol and 24hr urine came back fine. Could it just be pcos and not cushings?

I'm honestly becoming so depressed by this, i can barely go out anymore I dread going to school.

Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Mush2

Have they only did one 24 hour urine test and one cortisol blood test? Was the blood test..just a blood cortisol test and not a test called the dexamethasone test..where you take one pill at 11 pm and have blood taken out exactly at 8 am the next morning? With your symptoms ..the buffalo hump, the purple straia..the extended belly..excessive weight gain..cyclic cushing's is more common than they know...none of us match the book..mine were fine and then higher than a kite..

then fine..do you notice mood swings, anger outbursts, any acne, how much weight have you gained? Do your bones ache inside them? Are you tired, need more rest than normal? One thing you need to do is have pictures showing exactly what you looked like before you started getting sick..place them side by side with how you look now..a picture is worth a thousand words..

If you have only had the 2 tests..they are not enough to be conclusive on anything..there are several

tests to do..and needs to be done more than once..hope your drs will listen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.