What to Expect on my Next Visit

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just received my blood work back for my Cholesterol.

Total: 224

HDL: 91

LDL: 124

Tri: 69

VLDL: 14

Total/HDL: 2.5

Based on these numbers what could I be in for when I visit my Dr for a follow up? Is the total and LDL too high? Is a HDL level of 91 too high?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Where are you as apparently the FDA in the US now acknowledge that cholesterol numbers are meaningless. The tide is changing, slowly but, changing.

Everyones body is different therefore everyones cholesterol will be different, it is only doctors who insist everyone in the world should have identical cholesterol.

Cholesterol is an important bodily function, 75% is made by the liver only 25% comes from food therefore, you can work out yourself it's importance. We all know know how bad statins are for the body.

Personally, I would forget about cholesterol readings, they serve no purpose except for pharmaceutical companies to sell drugs.

• Posted

According to what the drug companies would like us to believe, under 100 for LDL is 'optimum' but sensible medical advise is that anything between 100 - 129 for someone in otherwise good health is totally acceptable. Your HDL seems very good - optimal aim is anything above 61. HDL is the 'good guy'. It's the differential that is important. If HDL is low and LDL high, thats when the problems occur.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.