What Venlafaxine dose is everyone on and how long have you been on it?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi - I just wondered what dose everyone is currently on and how long you have been on that dose for?

I have been on Ven since 1 December - one week on 37.5mg and almost 9 weeks now on 75mg (one a day.)

I had a blip a the beginning of last week for a couple of days and then I have felt great for the last week.

Feeling a bit down and anxious today, although I know that is because we are visiting the in-laws this weekend and I'm not looking forward to it! 

I know blips usually only last a few days, but that if it is more protracted, then it could be that another dose increase is needed. (I am seeing my GP for my next catch-up on Wed morning.) 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi I was on 75mg xr for a month. today I decide I have to stop. I didn't sleep for 3 weeks felt terrible just about everyday I had night terrors a lot of sweating in my sleep . I also could poop for two days that gave me hemroids . Take it I'm only 30years old and gave hemroids is awful. I also get body twitches all the time. The worst parts was Constance brain fog. Like fuzy tingles in my head and face all day until before I went to bed I also have not been able to drive because of it had two day anxiety free. The whole time not worth it

• Posted

Could not poop
    • Posted

Today I feel completely different. I hope it work for you. If not there are tons of ssri. I have been on about ten kinds I have decide I wanted to try being medicine free and see how it's works I been or pills for 13 years

• Posted

I have been on 300 mg venlafaxine and15 mg mirtazapine since July 2015. I had treatment resistant MDD with psychosis so that's why my dosage is so high. It works great for me. I'm happier than I've been in years and sleep better. I hope you will find the meds that will work as well for you.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

Hi I have been on Venlafaxine for 18 years.

My current dosage is 262.5mg which I have been on for 26 months

• Posted

I've been taking venlafaxine instant release for nearly 21 years on doses varying from 375mg downwards. I tried coming off it entirely 2 years ago, but the original illness came back after 12 weeks. I don't intend to ever stop taking it. Now I'm on 225mg. Before I was on venlafaxine I'd been ill with depression for 10 years even though I'd tried a whole raft of other medications and combinations. I have bipolar II and fortunate to be living an entirely normal life thanks to venlafaxine.

• Posted

Hi. I've been on Effexor XR for over 20 years, various doses. Was taking 37.5 every other day for the past 10 years, trying to wean off. Recently, my dose was increased to 75 mg daily. I am having horrible side effects. Lethargy, nausea, dizziness, anxiety. It's been so long since I changed doses, I cannot recall fi this is normal. Anyone have similar experiences? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.