What was your lip biopsy experience?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a horrific lip biopsy experience that has caused me so much suffering for the past 2+ years. I’m trying to gain a better understanding of what else I may be able to do from here, as the aftermath of my lip biopsy has caused me more discomfort and stress than any of my autoimmune issues ever have.

My thought is my ENT did the biopsy up way too high. The indentation where there are glands missing is extremely close to the top of my inner lip. It hits against my teeth when I talk, eat, etc. The scar is also pretty bumpy and not smooth at all after 2+ years, which I think contributes to the discomfort.

If you can share your experience and where exactly the glands were taken from (close to lip, which side, how did the scar heal, is it uncomfortable, etc.), I’d really appreciate it.

I can’t really say the feeling is painful, just extremely annoying and uncomfortable. It just really gets to me when I want my inner lip to feel “normal” again and wasn’t warned of any of this.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.