When did you have kidney involvement in Henoch-Schonlein Purpura

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, did your kidney get involved gradually or soon after u was diagnosed. I am told by doctors that if initially it does not effect the kidneys then it won't.

But I'm still having rash for the last 6 weeks, initially it was bad but now it's gone now and the new ones are generally smaller in size and some are near any new bruises or where new hair erupts on legs.

By the way I'm 40 years old female.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

my kidneys were affected from the outset . by the time they got me to the hospital and got blood tests done my kidney function had dropped. hope your on the mend soon x

• Posted

It wa sonly about 6 months after by HSP started that my kidneys became involved. Unfortunately doctors do not much about the disease as it is so rare in adults. My HSP started 10 days after I turned 27 years old, and had kdiney transplant at 32. Throught all these years, HSP has flared on and off, althoug never as bad as in the beginning... After the tranplant is has flared fewer times, but has not affected new kidney (as it is not part of my body it seems like). I hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.