When to worry

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so I have been weighing myself since January this year - I have till today lost about 3.3kg (eqiv to 8lbs) - my appetite has not changed, I have not starting anything new,.....I have given up alcohol during the weekfor the last few months...petrified this is cancer starting, so in 6 months its 8lbs.........

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

IM 38 no change to dietry but stopped alcohol intake ie used to drink 2-3 times mon- thu but dont drink during the week now only Fridays

sedentry lifestyle bathroom habits are changed , constant gas foul also . nothing else really. still eating the same if not more!

• Posted

Hi,

How much alcohol were your drinking during the week in the past, and what type of drinks?

It is absolutely normal to loose weight when reducing or stopping alcohol intake. Alcohol is high in empty calories. Also affects our physiology, so I would say this could be a major dietary change in your case.

• Posted

I was probably drinking about 2 bottles during Mon-Thu then Friday and Sat and probably a few Sundays however I now only drink Friday's, probably two bottles on a Friday and maybe 1-2 glasses a Saturday.

I drink Prosecco

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.