when you are older

Posted , 3 users are following.

I found out the hard way that when you are over 55 the symptoms of UTI's are far move severe and different.......shakyness, headaches and not so much hurting when you urinate. Sometimes even vision trouble.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yes im a woman but i have same problems as you ,iv just been given nightly antibiotics  the nitrfuine ones il let you know 
  • Posted

I strongly believe these are problems not related to a UTI ...but all including the UTI are symptoms of another that has not been diagnosed correctly as of yet...do you have thoughts on this?
  • Posted

iv had utis since i was 11 and im almost 60 ,having had 1 bladder surgery 7 years ago and its getting realy bad 

• Posted

Hi Sue, please read my note to David above about bottomline possible causes for chronic bladder infections.
  • Posted

An idea to look into with an internist or endicrine doctor preferably.. from research ive done.. a possibility could be the root cause is systemic yeast infection long term frim high foid sensitivies in the gut such as gluten, grains, soy and dairy..this lowers the immune system..while systemic fungus and, bacteria take over..proven to cause repetative UTI infections and also often affecting thyroid function (make sure all 4 thyroid tests are done--important!!!)..the antibiotic doesnt take care of bottomline problem..so it will repeatedly come back. I cant comprehend why when theres an ongoing serious problem such as chronic UTI infections that the doctors treatment doesnt take care of, why a patient is not referred, or further testing ordered!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.