Where do I go now

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I received the results today oddly one negative and one positive which oddly enough the swab I did was positive. So I got it. The guy that gave to me won't even talk to me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That is not odd at all, not in the case of a new infection. In fact, that's how you can prove it's a new infection: positive swab + negative IgG. What a d!ck to stop talking to you! I despise guys like that. Do you know if it's Type 1 or 2?

• Posted

It's 2. The swab was negative just 2 different doctors. Actually the positive one I swabbed!

• Posted

Oh, I see. Hmmm, I'm not sure how good home test kits are. I would re-test for IgG at 3 months to be sure.

• Posted

I was at the doctors office and he didn't have a female to stand in the room so he gave meA 30 second lesson on swabbing but I must've picked it up like a champ cause that's the one that positive. I do have a couple bumps, I'm lucky in the sense of no sores, pain and only very minor itching if any. The only sore I had I opened by thinking it was an ingrown hair and pinched it. Both doctors said it wasn't herpes. Sucks when they're wrong Id do anything to get rid of this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.