Which surgery to go for?

Posted , 2 users are following.

help - any advice mote than welcome.i had a bulkimid procedure in Nov 22 which just didnt work - i have now been offered another bulkimid surgery or a colposuspension or autologus fascial sling - anyone had either of these & what advice would you give? I do not think bulkimid is going to be a choice so its either of the other 2. my stress incontinence is dreadful atm - darent cough or sneeze without a wet suit and flippers! TIA for any help xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Sue, I had the sling procedure about 10 years ago and its been fantastic. No more stress incontinence. Takes 6 + weeks to recover properly , and fully healed at 3 months. Dont rush it Can only speak for myself of course.

• Edited

aww thank you Marina - thats all very positive 😃

• Posted

I assumed you are finished with child bearing as this will involve stitches in the vagina. You should also refrain from sex for about 12 weeks for a good result. Do make sure your partner knows this.

• Edited

hi - yes - I am 60 so my child bearing days are well over - i am very fortunate to have a wonderful husband who is very supportive - but thanks for the heads up 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.