White gunk coming from nipple, advice?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm 19, soon to be 20, and for quite a while now I have occasionally (a couple times a week maybe?) been noticing this white gunky stuff coming from my nipples. It is almost always my right nipple, but I may occasionally get it in my left one too, albeit not as much and not very often.

There is never normally much of the white stuff, but it is noticeable and I can wipe it out with my nail or a corner of a tissue. It tends to smell a little weird. A first I thought it may be something to do with my period, but it seems to happen all times of the month.

Other than that, I haven't noticed anything strange about my breasts. I have spoken to my mother about it and told her my worries, but she doesn't seem to think it is an issue and doesn't think I should go to a doctor. I have just been so scared about it though and I thought asking here for advice may help.

Thank you so much in advance.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You mother is probably right , but as it is concerning you, and you know your own body best, try to have a reassuring chat with your doctor. If you are in UK thats easy enough for you to do. You dont need your mothers permission.

Try not to dig it out as that can cause infection. It should calm down as you get older. If its enough to stain your bra or clothes then do see your doctor who can help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.